Monday, May 17, 2010

Is it possible to connect your blue tooth headset for your cell phone to your computer ?

I just got the dragon voice recognition software. I would love to able to go wireless so I can pace around. I have a jabra bluetooth headset for my cell phone...can I sync it up with my desktop using some kind of hub or blue tooth adapter?

Is it possible to connect your blue tooth headset for your cell phone to your computer ?
not sure if thats possible but dragon functions best with a high quality sound input (like you get with an analog mic). Bluetooth headsets downsample the audio significantly before transmitting because cell phone audio quality is subpar to begin with. I would bet that the recognition accuracy would suffer with such a set up.
Reply:I believe you can. You have to purchase a USB to Bluetooth adapter and the bluetooth adapter needs to support a service called "Voice Gateway," This will allow your headset to act as a mic/speaker to your computer.





Look at the packaging of the usb to bluetooth adapter to see if it offers the voice gateway service.





Good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net